Contract Review



The accounting year of all councils starts on 1st April and finishes on 31st March. Local councils levy an annual Precept charge, which is collected by the District Council. The Precept helps run the services provided by the Parish Council. Scarning's Precept request for the financial year 2021/22 is £38,000.

Financial Regulations


Budget 2021/22

Internal Control Policy

Audit 2020/21 (Exercise of Public Rights)

Annual Governance 2020/21

Conclusion of Audit 2019/20 & External Auditor's Report



The Parish Council wishes to support activities and causes which benefit the parish of Scarning and can provide grants to groups which directly benefit some or all of the residents of Scarning.


Find out more and download an application form by following the link to Grants Policy

Policies and Procedures


Keeping your data safe and increasing transparency are important to us. Our Privacy Notice explains how we use your personal information and how you can exercise your public rights.

Data Protection Policy
Privacy Notice

Information Audit
Freedom of Information Guide

Code of Conduct

Model Publication Scheme

The Parish Council has formulated a number of policy statements and documents which may be downloaded by clicking on the links below. 


Advertising Policy

Complaints Procedure

Co-option policy

Disciplinary and Grievance Policy
Equality Policy

Grants Policy
Health and Safety Policy
Openness and Transparency Policy
Press and Media policy
Public Participation
Risk Management Policy

Social Media Policy
Standing Orders
Training & Development Policy

Water Meadows Three Year Plan

The Council Tax Precept


The precept is the Parish Council’s share of the council tax.  The precept demand goes to the billing authority, Breckland District Council, which collects the tax for the Parish Council. The 'Precept' is converted into an amount per Council Tax Band that is added onto the Council Tax bill.  Income and expenditure for the next financial year are calculated in the form of estimates. 


Parish and town councils can apply for other funding such as grant and funding awards, but they do not receive funds direct from central government as principal authorities do.